The Maryland General Assembly will convene the week of July 9 fora special session on expanded gambling if an 11-member work group announced Monday can reach consensus on a plan, Gov. Martin O’Malley said.
About the Post
Author InformationPosted by: thebwcc
Founded in 1947, the Baltimore Washington Corridor Chamber (BWCC) is the only regional chamber in Maryland. We are dedicated to providing networking, information and growth resources to all sizes and kinds of businesses, agencies, institutions and organizations. Our connections to business, industry, academia, government are unparalleled.
2nd Md. special session could be week of July 9
- Israeli defense firm tripling size of space in Howard County, adding 50 jobs over three years
- UMBC AND TEL AVIV UNIVERSITY SIGN Memorandum Of Understanding
- Cordish buys, will rebrand two Arundel Mills hotels near Maryland Live
- Columbia is the best place to live in the country, Money magazine says
- U.S. Chamber and More than 50 Business Groups Launch Legal Challenge to DOL “Overtime Rule”
- Walt Townshend's Retirement Party 9/29/2016 6:00 PM - 9/29/2016 8:30 PM July 28, 2016Walt Townshend our President & CEO for the past 27 years retired effective August 1st. Please join us as we celebrate Walt and his tenure at the helm of the BWCC. Thursday, September 29thTen Oaks Ballroom5000 Signal Bell LaneClarksville, MDTickets $90Sponsorships Available. Contact Shirley Redd at the BWCC Offices at 301-725-4000 for more information. […]
- Professional Development: Think Like a Leader. Lead Like a Leader. 10/5/2016 8:30 AM - 10/5/2016 10:00 AM August 23, 2016Think Like a Leader. Lead Like a Leader.Interactive exercises designed to foster thinking about leadership characteristics and the multi-dimensional nature of leadership. Participants will be challenged to think of their own leadership development and assess their competency level against those leadership characteristics they conclude are most important. Fin […]
- HR Exchange: Managing Wage and Hour Issues 10/6/2016 8:30 AM - 10/6/2016 10:00 AM August 22, 2016In 2016, we have seen new laws that significantly affect employers and their workplaces. Even the most vigilant companies are concerned about understanding how to avoid the risk of non-compliance and possible litigation. Join Corridor HR professionals to discuss these new laws, as well as practical tips for complying with some of the biggest issues facing em […]
- Membership 101 10/13/2016 9:00 AM - 10/13/2016 10:30 AM August 22, 2016Membership 101 is for the benefit of members and prospective members to learn about membership benefits with the organization. Learn more about the opportunities the chamber has to offer from its very successful Energy Cooperative to online advertising. Practice your 90 second elevator speech! FREE. BWCC Offices.
- Multi-Chamber/Organization Power Networking Breakfast 10/20/2016 7:30 AM - 10/20/2016 9:30 AM September 1, 2016Thursday, October 20, 20167:30 - 9:30 amMulti-Chamber/Organization Power Networking Breakfastwith theAnnapolis & Anne Arundel County Chamber, Baltimore Washington Corridor Chamber, Bowie Chamber, Entrepreneurs Exchange, Greater Crofton Chamber, Greater Severna Park & Arnold Chamber, Northern Anne Arundel County Chamber, and the Prince Georges Chamber […]