The Maryland General Assembly will convene the week of July 9 fora special session on expanded gambling if an 11-member work group announced Monday can reach consensus on a plan, Gov. Martin O’Malley said.
About the Post
Author InformationPosted by: thebwcc
Founded in 1947, the Baltimore Washington Corridor Chamber (BWCC) is the only regional chamber in Maryland. We are dedicated to providing networking, information and growth resources to all sizes and kinds of businesses, agencies, institutions and organizations. Our connections to business, industry, academia, government are unparalleled.
2nd Md. special session could be week of July 9
- Rascovar: PG hospital approval begins cure for county’s ailments
- MGM National Harbor makes good on hiring promises, but county oversight is lacking
- FBI headquarters decision postponed, in potential setback for Prince George’s
- Cybersecurity degrees aren’t enough for today’s jobs, industry execs say
- NSA director: Cybersecurity talent pipeline remains top challenge
- Professional Development: Creating a 30-Second Commercial 11/2/2016 8:30 AM - 11/2/2016 10:00 AM September 7, 2016Creating a 30-Second Commercial: How to Get Your Prospects to Do Business with YouCreating an effective "commercial" can have a powerful impact. In this presentation, learn to: reversing your way into a meeting; identify the stigma around these conversations; and how to make sure you are having a stress-less conversation.Speaker....Cal Bogertman, N […]
- HR Exchange: Recruiting Strategies That Work 11/3/2016 8:30 AM - 11/3/2016 10:00 AM August 22, 2016More details coming soon! The HR Exchange welcomes HR professionals seeking peer-to-peer support, discussions and an opportunity to share practical ideas that help each other focus on the best ways to provide a productive workforce and a positive work environment that contributes to the growth and success of their company. Cost to attend: Non-members cons […]
- 2016 Economic Forecast Luncheon 11/9/2016 11:00 AM - 11/9/2016 1:30 PM June 17, 2016Come hear what regional experts believe national and local election results will mean for your business in 2017. Gain valuable insight that will help you plan and budget for a successful new year.Featuring Noted Regional Expert:Anirban BasuRegional EconomistChairman and CEO of Sage Policy Group, Inc.Plus a Panel of Local and Regional Experts:Sean LooneyVice […]
- Membership 101 11/10/2016 9:00 AM - 11/10/2016 10:30 AM August 22, 2016Membership 101 is for the benefit of members and prospective members to learn about membership benefits with the organization. Learn more about the opportunities the chamber has to offer from its very successful Energy Cooperative to online advertising. Practice your 90 second elevator speech! FREE. BWCC Offices.
- 2nd Women Veterans Conference 11/16/2016 8:30 AM - 11/16/2016 11:30 AM September 16, 2016The BWCC Women in Business (WIB) committee is hosting its 2nd Annual Women Veteran Conference on Wednesday, November 16th from 8:30-11:30 am at the Chesapeake Innovation Center. The theme of this year’s conference is ‘Empowering Women & Veteranpreneurs’. The event will kick-off with featured keynote speaker, Elisa Basnight, a successful veteran entrepren […]