The Maryland General Assembly will convene the week of July 9 fora special session on expanded gambling if an 11-member work group announced Monday can reach consensus on a plan, Gov. Martin O’Malley said.
About the Post
Author InformationPosted by: thebwcc
Founded in 1947, the Baltimore Washington Corridor Chamber (BWCC) is the only regional chamber in Maryland. We are dedicated to providing networking, information and growth resources to all sizes and kinds of businesses, agencies, institutions and organizations. Our connections to business, industry, academia, government are unparalleled.
2nd Md. special session could be week of July 9
- The Best of Times, the Worst of Times: A Ranking of State Economies
- Opinion: New Prince George’s Hospital Needed, but Must Struggle for Patients
- Maryland Business Roundtable for Education Seeks Volunteers to Inform, Inspire and Motivate Students to Achieve
- Montgomery County EDC lands its first CEO
- Baltimore City Council votes to send $15 minimum wage bill back to committee
- Talent Exchange 9/1/2016 8:30 AM - 9/1/2016 10:00 AM August 22, 2016Talent Exchange: A group idea exchange that discusses workforce hiring, maintenance and retention best practices, shares resumes and learns about workforce resources in the region. This is a very intimate, interactive event that is more of a discussion than a presentation, although presentations may be included. These events are geared toward BWCC members wh […]
- Awkward to Awesome 9/7/2016 8:30 AM - 9/7/2016 10:00 AM June 1, 2016A series of networking, educational and fun events bringing BWCC members together. The series is open to all BWCC members, non-members and their employees who want to practice their networking skills, best business practices and build lasting relationships.September's Topic is:Time Blocking: Simple Strategies to Becoming More Effective at Whatever You […]
- Membership 101 9/8/2016 9:00 AM - 9/8/2016 10:30 AM August 22, 2016Membership 101 is for the benefit of members and prospective members to learn about membership benefits with the organization. Learn more about the opportunities the chamber has to offer from its very successful Energy Cooperative to online advertising. Practice your 90 second elevator speech! FREE. BWCC Offices.
- Small Business Advisory Group 9/22/2016 9:30 AM - 9/22/2016 11:00 AM August 22, 2016Offers business owners an opportunity to learn how to manage the challenges and successes that all business owners face. Confidential, peer to peer discussion on business growth, cash flow, human resource issues, marketing, sales and operations strategies. Open to all BWCC members who are business owners, top level sales people and entrepreneurs.
- Walt Townshend's Retirement Party 9/29/2016 July 28, 2016Walt Townshend our President & CEO for the past 27 years is retiring effective August 1st. Please join us as we celebrate Walt and his tenure at the helm of the BWCC.More details coming soon!